FORMERLY: FOUNDER’S LOG
Part of the inspiration for my doing these little updates through the week was a very sharp magazine site I saw once upon a time where the various people working on the next issue were sharing what they had done for that issue. I forget what the magazine was called, something having to do with recording music, I guess, but I liked how I could skim the front page of their site and see what they were up to.
“Founder’s Log” never really rubbed me the right way. I mean, it’s got this Werther’s Original meets Star Trek kinda vibe to it. What the hell is that all about, ya know? And now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t know that I like the “ODO: THE UPDATES” pictures, either. I wonder if I could whip up half a dozen images using pictures I’ve got from people who will be in the next issue each month. That would be pretty cool.
In any case, I’ve decided to call this entry “3.PROG 031413” because I’m talking about Issue #3 progress and it’s 14 March 2013. I think that’s easy enough. I kinda like this one, but maybe only because I was trying to think what to call these things and walked past a 3par frame on the data center floor this morning. It’s a cabinet filled with a couple hundred 2.0TB hard drives.
ARE WE THERE YET?
Here’s what I’ve done for Issue #3 recently:
- published the Shitbox Rally piece (I want to do this event SO bad)
- wrapped up the Ted Marquez interview (just waiting on pictures now)
- responded to Jonathan Olschewski about a follow up interview (it’s been years)
- talked to Adnan at Car Throttle about maybe volunteering to help at Rally Day
- discussed possible GBXM submission ideas with Darin Frow of Evolution Magazine & MLR
- tried to comfort Chris Vanderwerf, who PlastiDipped his wheels, only to lose both axles in short order
- started bringing Dennis DeJong, my Dutch business partner, up to speed on what’s new at GBXM
QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
The more I think about the Shitbox Rally, the more I want to do it; along with attending the Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb, Rally Mexico, lapping the Nordschleife, Rally Day, and easily a handful of other automotive events. I was *this close* to checking out Le Mans last year, but opted to attend Elbetreffen instead. What about you? What’s on your automotive bucket list? Any special events? Any special projects? Any particular make or model you have own before you kick the bucket?