SINCE WE LAST MET
- [ PUBLISHED ] DARREN THOMAS – Three years later, he’s aiming for 8.20s in his automatic, AWD DSM.
- [ PUBLISHED ] GETTING PAID TO WRITE ABOUT CARS – It’s possible. I want to help you do it – here, there, anywhere.
- SEARCH & REPLACED! We moved all the stories to one site years ago, but the images still linked elsewhere. No more! Which means…
- DELETED! Remember the sub-domains? Mitsubishi.GearboxMagazine.com, for example? Only reason they were still up after our move in early 2011 was, that’s where the images were hosted. They’ve been deleted. (It was terrifying, let me assure you.)
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
- TONY CHAVEZ – The most interesting man in rally tells us his story & gets us pictures. Should be published in the next week or two, tops.
- AARON EKINAKA – Aaron Ekinaka – founder of DirtyImpreza.com – catches us up & talks sponsorship. Just waiting on pictures.
- MATT COTTON – British Rally Championship 2WD competitor working in dealership & motorsport marketing. We talk sponsorship.
- SCOTT MOYER – He’s building a 700hp Impreza WRX STI. His wife has a modded WRX STI. Would you like to know more?
- CITROEN CX LOADRUNNER – Banovsky pointed me to a sweet, 6-wheeled wagon. Email sent!
- START YOUR OWN DAMN CAR MAGAZINE – How to guides are being sketched up.
DID YOU SEE THIS?
Lisa Smith, who we talked Porsche and high-end luxury cars with, and who did us the kindness of sharing some stories from Automotive Holy Week at Pebble Beach, shared some pictures of a super rare Maserati Birdcage. I love this car because this is pretty much what it’s all about, folks. As I said on G+ when I re-shared it there – calculated risks beyond the established limits of technology, wrapped in elegance and style, minus the commoditization. Ultimate value is a function of high mix, low volume, supremacy.
Click the pic to make the jump and read more while I keep working on the good stuff for next week.
Until then, keep going fast and press on regardless. Gearheads united.