- [ PUBLISHED ] NIGHT AT THE STAGES – Professional rally course workers know how to party in Ireland.
- [ PUBLISHED ] R. SOUT WITH ROSS COX – Taking home trophies and sponsorship dollars with low compression in one cylinder.
WHO I’VE BEEN TALKING TO THIS WEEK
I’d just like to say the responses I’ve been getting this past week plus have me super inspired. The world is full of exceptional people who are into doing cool things with cars. Right now, there are almost 20 stories in the works here on GBXM. Here’s a complete list, in somewhat random order. (And yes, my inbox is blown to smithereens.)
- CAR-LESS IN PORTLAND – I asked the PDX why so many of them go car-less. They answered.
- DIGO PINO – The license plate on his wicked, blue Evo IX reads “SRYOFCR.” Haha.
- DESERT DINGO 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO – These guys just don’t quit. We talk process improvement!
- FORESTER OF THE MONTH: MY VOTE – His was the most beat-ass of the group. He got my vote and an interview request.
- DEUTSCH DART SWINGER – Bodo picked up some old Mopar. It’s in Poland right now getting one hell of a restoration.
- ROAD RALLIES – I met an Arizona Border Region SCCA guy who organizes road rallies on LinkedIn. Learning more.
- SHITBOX RALLY – Officially on my bucket list. Can you say 1,000 miles across the Outback in a piece of shit car? YES.
- DAMN YANKEES – Americans who flew to Australia, bought a shitbox, and drove 1,000 miles across the Outback in it. YES!
- SEX PANTHER – Jake tells me about his Cobra-powered Crown Vic. 60% of the time, it works every time.
- SEAT (IBIZA) OF THE PANTS – Darren traded his Skoda Felicia for a Seat Ibiza. Will he return to WRC Wales Rally GB?
- DEFENDER 110 PICKUP – “Drive it like you’re late for mass,” he tells me. This is one badass Landy.
- SOUTHWEST RALLYX – Past, present, & future rallyx organizers discuss the sport in the American southwest
- ERIC WAGES – Catching up with another of our earliest rally interviewees.
- HIS & HERS STiS – Scott & his wife are both gearheads. A look at how they met & their Imprezas.
- EUGENIO, CEO – He’s our man at Corona Rally Mexico (WRC). Now he’s running a startup. When opportunity knocks…
- JOHN CASSIDY IV, III YRS LATER, PT II – He was our first ever rally interview. What’s new?
- COMPOUND TURBO FIT – Just as soon as Chris sees 200mph (322kph) in the standing mile.
- START YOUR OWN: STEP 3(b) – You didn’t think I’d forgotten, did you? Processes.
On top of all this, I’m still piecing my daily driver back together, carpooling to a full-time day job with my wife and 3-month-old daughter, dealing with a grip of jacked up dental work (halfway through the root canal, I got referred to a specialist), getting ready to take some deadbeat liar’s mom to small claims court to get reimbursed for the damage he did to my truck back in March of last year, AND putting this all together into something resembling a traditional magazine.
DID YOU SEE THIS?
Even though ethanol stands to corrode the fuel systems of pretty much any vehicle without a “FlexFuel” badge on it, and even though studies show people are hanging onto their vehicles longer than ever, the corporations and lobbyists have won out over the American people. E15 – fuel which is 15% ethanol – is coming to a pump near you.
Kevin Morris of RiderGroups.com recently shared a process for removing the ethanol from your fuel. Good to know. The picture below is what ethanol does to rubber hoses – even those rated for ethanol – over time. Where do you think the disintegrating rubber goes?
Until next time. Keep going fast with class and press on regardless.