- [ PUBLISHED ] 2WD RULES THE UK: MATT COTTON TALKS SPONSORSHIP – Both sides of the equation.
- [ PUBLISHED ] VIDEO: SAN FRANCISCO SKYLINE – What’s the point of owning epic cars if you don’t drive them?
- [ PUBLISHED ] HOW TO START YOUR OWN MAGAZINE: STEP 3, PART 1 – Third in this series how to start your own site.
- GEARBOX MAGAZINE MAGAZINE – I’ve started building out a proper magazine for January. [sneak peek]
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
- 2013: YEAR OF THE SNAKE – Introducing our theme for 2013.
- EXCITE RALLY RAID – Doing whatever it takes. (And one badass Bowler.)
- A NIGHT AT THE STAGES – A new take on rally fundraising from Ireland.
DID YOU SEE THIS?
Usually, these weekend posts have some clever use of WIP (work in progress) in them, but not this weekend. Instead, I’ve titled this one Fort Deepwater Horizon. Why, you ask? Well, ever since the first Fast and Furious movie, in the scene where Dominic tells Vince how “The buster didn’t run back to the FORT. The buster brought ME back,” I’ve kinda referred to wherever my vehicles spend most of their time as the fort.
Now, unless you’ve been living under a rock the last couple years, you probably recall the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The name of that infamous oil rig at the center of one of the worst ecological disasters in human history? BP’s Deepwater Horizon. In the past week, I’ve used up 3 of my 4 AAA tows for the year, trying to figure out why my little Pajero doesn’t seem to like oil filters anymore.
Turns out the pressure relief valve in the oil pump probably seized up, resulting in 200psi or so hitting the filters, which promptly blows out the gaskets. The truck puked oil all over the parking lot at work, a Cheesecake Factory parking space in Scottsdale, the street in front of my house, and my driveway (twice). All together, I probably put 3 gallons (11+ liters) of oil and 60lbs (27kg) kitty litter all over my driveway before I figured it out. Here’s to my second engine rebuild before the race car gets its engine rebuilt and installed.
Until next time. Keep going fast with class and press on regardless.