GEARHEADS: EVERYDAY EXCEPTIONALISM
We want to show the world how important gearheads are; to show the everyday exceptionalism in people like you who eat, sleep, and breathe automotive performance. It’s not the machines so much as what we do with them – and each other – that matters.
As much as we’d like you to join us here at GBXMunited, it’s more important these stories are told. Period. That’s why we’re publishing a series of how to guides designed to walk you step-by-step through the process of starting up your own automotive media outlet. These will be regular articles published over time, but we’ll link to them all here.
LIKELY TITLES COMING SOON
- START WITH WHY. Figuring out why you want to do it, how you’ll do it, and what you need before you open for business.
- PLANT YOUR FLAG. The basics of domain registrations, hosting, and content management systems.
- MODIFY YOUR SITE: TOOLS. Tools you can use to customize your site and make it your own.
- MODIFY YOUR SITE: TECHNIQUES. Processes for social & email accounts in one place.
- DO THE WORK. The importance (and simplicity) of suiting up & following through.
- THE POWER OF PENMANSHIFT. Putting it all together. Legacy, anyone?
The hardest parts, really, are coming up with that fresh angle that gets you excited about the venture and doing the work consistently over time. Physically buying, building, and launching your own magazine will set you back less than US$100 and an afternoon, but there’s much more to it than that. These how-to articles will help you confidently envision, build, and launch something all your own.