This is the last of SIX installments detailing our beliefs on the global gearhead movement. These will lead to the rules, so – if you’re a real gearhead – please make a point of letting us know how you feel about these statements. Do you agree or disagree? Did we miss anything?
Now that we’ve shared how gearheads think about platforms, how we view our automotive pursuits, our thoughts on the maintenance & repair mindset, modifications, and driving habits, it’s time to wrap up the manifesto. Your favorite forum probably has international members, but how do you feel about being part of an international movement?
AT HOME (LOCAL)
- Gearheads are community builders & ambassadors for their platforms.
- We encourage people to get active working with and enjoying vehicles.
- We are responsible in our pursuits, maintenance, mods, & driving habits.
- Gearheads get involved in their local communities – online and offline.
- Gearheads connect people & ideas.
- We serve & empower our brothers & sisters on the forum.
- We attend local events to keep the local car culture strong.
- We help local gearheads with their projects.
- Gearheads are interested in interaction with people in neighboring areas.
- We build larger a larger sense of community in our regions.
- We facilitate collaboration between communities.
- Gearheads make the drive to attend couple regional events.
- We seek out new perspectives beyond our home towns.
- We buy merchandise (shirts/decals) from other clubs to show regional car culture strength.
- We share our regional experiences with our local brothers & sisters who could not make it.
- Gearhead Ambassadors represent platform, pursuit & place around the world.
- We seek automotive similarities to understand cultural differences.
- We try to attend meets in other countries (because it’s that figgin’ awesome).
- We share our international experiences with our local & regional brothers & sisters.
- Next level gearheads encourage global gearhead mindset – our vehicles bring us together.
- How do YOU help keep automotive culture strong in your city/state/region/country?
- Have YOU ever attended a meet in another country? Tell us about it!