This is the third of SIX installments detailing our beliefs on the global gearhead movement. These will lead to the rules, so – if you’re a real gearhead – please make a point of letting us know how you feel about these statements. Do you agree or disagree? Did we miss anything?
MAINTENANCE & REPAIR
Now that we’ve shared how gearheads think about platforms and how we view our automotive pursuits, we’re going to talk about our views on maintaince and repair of our vehicles. The drag racer looking to build a cage can learn from the rock crawler building an exo. Likewise, the rallyista can learn from the endurance racer who must keep his machine running for hours on end at peak performance.
We can all learn from each other, but it all depends on our perspectives.
How we maintain & repair OUR vehicles:
- SAFETY FIRST
- we are responsible
- we are self-sufficient
- we do it right the first time
- we are pro-active with maintenance
- we are considerate of the environment
- we take care of our tools & equipment
- we make things better than they were
How help others maintain and repair THEIR vehicles:
- we are helpful to others
- we lead by example
- we practice positive reinforcement
- we coach to areas of improvement
- we empower others to be self-sufficient
- we lead others to discover solutions, rather than try to prove them
- How important are your tools?
- How to you help others become self-sufficient?