This is the second of SIX installments detailing our beliefs on the global gearhead movement. These will lead to the rules, so – if you’re a real gearhead – please make a point of letting us know how you feel about these statements. Do you agree or disagree? Did we miss anything?
Now that we’ve shared how gearheads think about platforms, we’re going to start talking about how gearheads use those platforms. The drag racer looking to build a cage can learn from the rock crawler building an exo. Likewise, the rallyista can learn from the endurance racer who must keep his machine running for hours on end at peak performance.
We can all learn from each other, but it all depends on our perspectives.
How we view our OWN automotive pursuits:
- we are responsible
- we demonstrate good sportsmanship
- we learn & understands the rules
- we speak to features & benefits
- we volunteers to help others
- the spirit of competition
How we view OTHERS’ automotive pursuits:
- we are respectful of their pursuits
- we are open to new ideas
- we look for similarities
- What do sportsmanship and the spirit of competition mean to you?
- What ideas have you applied from other automotive pursuits?