This is the first of SIX installments detailing our beliefs on the global gearhead movement. We would like to get some discussions going around these, because those discussions are going to lead to the rules, so – if you’re a real gearhead – please make a point of letting us know how you feel about these statements.
MAKE & MODEL
We start with brand as this is the simplest, most common thread running through our communities. When people first come across automotive communities online, they tend to do so through searching for their specific make and/or model.
How we view our OWN make/model/platform:
- we have a positive view
- we speak to the features & benefits of ownership
- we are familiar with the history and partnerships behind our vehicles
- we encourages brand engagement – we get the manufacturer involved
How we view OTHERS’ make/model/platforms:
- we respect other gearheads’ views
- we are receptive to features & benefits of their vehicles
- we look for similarities between our vehicles and theirs
- we seek to understand why & how before providing constructive criticism
- How do REAL gearheads view their own make/model/platform?
- How do REAL gearheads view other gearheads’ vehicles?