SULFITES. A CASE OF THEM.
There was a time when I’d spend several weekends a month boozing it up with my buddies. I believe it was called “my twenties.” Now that I’m 35 (36 next month), I do far less drinking. When I do, I have to keep it in check. I just can’t hang like I used to. Sure, I’ll down several cold ones when I’m turning wrenches in the garage and get a good buzz going, but recreational drinking? I don’t do it nearly as often as I used to.
Which makes the 26 glasses of wine I had at a surprise birthday party this past Saturday night so damning. It was a wine tasting party, where everyone brought some wine. We all had a good time. But there were 24 wines to rate, and plenty of time between flights to pour a glass of something you really liked. Two days later, I’m still dragging ass.
Funny story, my buddy Chad and I thought we’d picked the best red of the night. It was a blind taste test, where each bottle was wrapped in a brown paper bag with either red or white and a number on it. Chad and I thought “red 21” was the best. We felt so sophisticated, finally getting the whole wine-tasting thing. “Red 21” wasn’t too dry, wasn’t too powerful, and was just a pleasure to drink. Imagine our surprise when “red 21” placed dead last among reds and was called “Bitch.” That’s right. It was called “Bitch.” Hey. At least it was Australian.
SINCE WE LAST MET
Here’s how my to-do list fared over the weekend:
- finish & schedule at least 2 stories, probably FT86 Speed Factory & Digo Pino’s Evo
- finished & scheduled 2 stories, FT86 Speed Factory & Malcolm Neill (motorsport consultant)
- (I’ll get you sorted soon enough, Digo!)
- get most, if not all, WIP stories moved from email to Google Drive for final processing
- moved a couple, not 100% moved yet
- finish at least 1 story for Issue #3
- done – Malcolm Neill story about motorsport consulting and running Rally GB for 14 years
- re-work some header images
- definitely got this one done, see this post
- polish Mail Chimp forms
- sorta, did more research into charging for subscriptions
- eat many sushis
- mos’ definitely
QUESTION OF THE DAY: OLDER & WISER?
This site isn’t just for people who are 35 like me. It’s not just for people who are in their 20s, either. I want this to be a place where we can all learn from each other. Today’s question, as I prepare to leave my desk and get to work, is do you feel older and wiser today than when you first started playing with cars? Or do you just feel older? Leave a comment and let’s get through Monday together. (PS: If you also like drinking bitch wine, let’s have a laugh, too!)