The stories are coming a little slower than usual this month. That doesn’t mean they aren’t coming. I’m already pretty excited for the next issue. Things are starting to really wake up. Hopefully, we’ll get some previews up here in the next week or so. We’re already halfway through the month, but I believe things will start falling into place pretty quick.
In the meantime, check out the Sonder image at right. It’s a pretty interesting idea to think about. Each of us is at the center of our own little universe, but we’re also just nameless extras in the universes of the vast majority of others we pass.
My guess is whomever made this clever gif (which may or may not actually work on this site for some reason) was suggesting we think of others from time to time. I’m kinda thinking, which of these other universes do we want to enter, and how?
Here’s a look at what I’ve done toward GBXM #4 in the last 24 hours:
- templates for inside cover, table of contents, full-spread , & regular features
- confirmed an interview with Dave Buschur about the DSM/EVO Shootout
- confirmed interview with Bill Caswell on Targa Newfoundland
- got a referral to one of Bill’s friends who runs Pikes Peak
- asked an MR2/CRX owner on Reddit for an interview
- setup interview with a guy with both a lifted Montero and a turbocharged Miata
- asked Cat Lund & Andy Rowe to discuss track management & driving instruction
THAT’S AN INDESIGN TEMPLATE
It’s what the inside cover and table of contents look like before I build the magazine. On the first three issues, I would pretty much build these pages from scratch. See how that could take some time? This new template has placeholder text everywhere I need it, so I can simply click and type, and everything will be formatted and arranged the way I want. HUGE time saver! There’s even room for (hopefully) ALL the stories and an invitation for fine, upstanding businesses who would otherwise pay for advertising to consider investing in all of us as a true, global enthusiast community.
We’re sorta like 7-11. We’re not always doin’ business, but we’re always open. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. There’s still a couple free, lifetime subscriptions left. Did you get one of them? Your subscription means the world to us.